Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs
19958803

I was evicted because the landlord refused to let me re-certify.

I was evicted because the landlord refused to let me re-certify. I have tried to get appt and they were always busy to make one. I am disabled and 63 years old as well as being a power of attorney for my mother who is in a nursing home. I have live here for 27 years and always paid my rent on time. I have never been in trouble with the police. I must be out Friday the 3rd. Can you help me?
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using JA. I don't know how much help I will be able to provide but I will give it a shot. I need a little info so I can figure out what is going on.
.
When you say re-certify, are you talking about a governmental housing assistance program?
.
Have you been formally evicted through the courts with an order of eviction having been entered against you?
.
Are you able to pay the rent without any government assistance?
.
Are you delinquent on the rent or has the lease expired?
.
How did the landlord prevent you from re-certifying?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am evicted in court.
No, I am not able to pay rent without government assistance.I am on disability.
I am not deliquent on my rent. I always pay my rent on time.
The always said that they were to busy. I have a witness you heard me make a call to make an appt. and I was refused.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Ok, unfortunately it is as I feared. If the landlord has already obtained an order of eviction that allows him to physically remove you and your property on Friday, then the only one who could stop that from happening is the landlord himself. I researched Ohio law and I don't see any type of "stay of eviction" motion that could be filed to get a little more time.
.
So unless you can work out something with the landlord for some more time to move, he will be able to have the Sheriff physically evict.
.
I am sorry that the news couldn't have been better, but sometimes there is simply no legal recourse that can stop something like this.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Barrister, Attorney
Experience: 14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs