TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

i have recently purchased a new car...I told the salesman that

Customer Question

i have recently purchased a new car...I told the salesman that the same day and there after that I didnt like the car....felt rushed ..he then sold another veh that was ok, but still wasnt comfortable in the hurt my lower back and knees....I texted him in ref to both vehicles, and the license plates are not going to be available yet...what sort of recourse do I have? Also the salesman wouldnt take my 2006 isuzu ascender as a trade in, told me if bank called me to not mention that I had another vehicle. BotXXXXX XXXXXne...I was sold a vehicle, then they used that vehicle as a trade in for a newer vehicle.....paperwork on the 3rd of july 2012, received vehicle at 9pm on july 10th 2012.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm a little confused. Can you clarify this: "I was sold a vehicle, then they used that vehicle as a trade in for a newer vehicle"?

Earlier, you wrote that you bought a car, and were then sold another car. Are you saying that you bought 2 cars and want to return them both? Or are you saying that the first vehicle was traded back for the second vehicle?

As you can tell, I'm confused and need clarification.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok..yes...initially i had purchased a 2011 outlander, used and then traded the used vehicle for a new vehicle, 2011 endeavor, they used the 1st as a trade in. first vehicle for the second.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.

The general rule is that auto sales are final when the contract is signed. There are no returns unless the seller voluntarily accepts a return. Moreover, truth in lending is irrelevant with regard to the seller because the seller is not the lender.

However, if you were misled somehow and falsely induced to purchase the vehicle, then you may have recourse. I didn't see anything in your post which sounded like you were tricked into buying the cars, but maybe there are facts that you haven't shared.