TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

i got a speeding ticket in the state of mississippi in 1979

i got a speeding ticket in the state of mississippi in 1979 and never paid it, how can i find out if there is a warrant out for my arrest or does the statue of limitations apply. i want to drive trough that state again
The statute of limitations does not begin to run when you don't live in the state. Thus, in this situation, the traffic ticket would have been converted into a warrant for your arrest when you failed to pay the fine. The warrant would technically still remain outstanding, unless the state has decided to drop the charges.

In order to discover whether there is still an outstanding warrant, you should contact the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, or even better, the county sheriffs department that gave you the ticket. You can also try the county or municipal court from where the ticket was issued to ask if they have a warrant for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you also look up my son on linkedin he is an attorney in THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS i think your about the same age. he went to a&m
Thanks. XXXXX

I have performed legal work for you and need to know whether you need more information. If not, please "rate" my services. Please remember that I do this for a living and if you would be so kind as to give me a positive rating so that I might receive credit for my work.

Thanks
-ZDN