TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I just received the statement from a hearing I was at stating

I just received the statement from a hearing I was at stating that, having waived the provisions of labor code 5313 the parties stipulate to the following, then it goes on to list medical treatments. What does this mean?
Hi, This is a waiver of the time limitations on which a judge has to issue a final decision. Under 5313 (which is rarely actually enforced) the judge has 30 days to issue the award or decision. This waiver allows for more time.

I have performed legal work for you and need to know whether you need more information. If not, please "rate" my services. Please remember that I do this for a living and if you would be so kind as to give me a positive rating so that I might receive credit for my work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My lawyer just sent me a substitute attorney form to fill out appointing myself as my own attorney. Does this mean I have to start all over again?
No, it means that your lawyer is quitting and you will have to represent yourself in the settlement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
should i get another attorney?
It's hard for me to say. You haven't really told me what's going on, what kind of case you have, what part of the case you are at, and what the facts are underlying the case.

Why is your attorney quitting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a workmans comp. case. At the last hearing my attorney did not discuss both items. One was for continued medical treatment the other was for temp. total disability payments ordered by the Q.M.E. This case has been going on for over 3 years. I called him on the fact he was not prepared at the hearing and that is when he sent me the substitute attorney form.
Well, it sounds to me like the case is not quite over yet and it would be smart to get another attorney to work on it for you. This is especially true if you are not yet at maximum medical improvement, still need temporary disability benefits, and/or may need a finding of permanent disability that will entitle you to more benefits down the line.