TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I live in nv. my nehew is from holland and is staying with

I live in nv. my nehew is from holland and is staying with me for a few months does not have a ss# XXXXX he get nv driver license so I do not have to drive him around.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no answer yet he is 21 years old
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still no answer he is not an student.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
I would be happy to help you. Does your nephew have a valid Netherland's Drivers' License?
-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no he does not
Unfortunately, under the Nevada Motor Vehicle Drivers' License Act Section 483.250, the state cannot issue a license to a tourist or any other person who is not an actual resident in Nevada.

483.141. "Resident" defined.

1. "Resident" includes, but is not limited to, a person:

(a) Whose legal residence is in the State of Nevada.

(b) Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this state, as the home state of such vehicles.

(c) Who physically resides in this state and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this state.

(d) Who declares that he or she is a resident of this State to obtain privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents of this State.

2. The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a foreign exchange student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident.

Being that your nephew is only going to be there for a few months, he does not qualify as a resident and cannot be licensed.
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs