JPEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
14397910

Hi My name is Bob. About a year i was released from a sex

Hi My name is Bob.
About a year i was released from a sex offerders regerstery in my State by a court order.
I was told that my name would no longer apper on any State Regerstration.After my release was final i tried to look up my name and was delited to see it removed. The probulim is its still everware else on the internet. I cant understand why it is .Or why these sites are not updated to see that i am no longer on the states regesteration. How can i be removed from the world wide web?
Expert:  JPEsq replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, there is no way to just wipe your information from every site in a single move. Each site maintains its own information... so you would have to contact each site and ask that it be removed. In this case, if they are stating that you are a registered sex offender, that is untrue information. So you would be within the law to threaten them with a defamation lawsuit if they do not remove the false information.

If the sites say something true, like you were convicted of a certain crime... they don't have to remove that information.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you will have to contact the site administrator for each site where the information is contained and ask them to remove it.