D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator

One of my employees was subpoened by a law firm to go to court

One of my employees was subpoened by a law firm to go to court for their professional opinion. Can I legally charge them for our services?
Is your firm involved in the lawsuit at all? Can you describe the circumstances of how and why your employee is being subpoenaed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No lawsuit. My employee is an LACD and it is referring to one of her clients that has a legal issue. My employee is being subpoened to answer some questions on how the client is doing in treatment and on her progress along with some learning disabilities.
What is an LACD? And what type of proceeding is she being subpoenaed to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I Apologize, I meant to type LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor). The Counselors client is

accused of stealing prescription drugs.

Ok. So this is for a criminal case. No, neither she nor you can charge for her appearance and testimony.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for you quick response