Juliana, Attorney
Experience:  23 years of experience; former prosecutor, magistrate, child support attorney

How can I get a permit to carry a concealed weapon? And can

How can I get a permit to carry a concealed weapon? And can you recommend an attorney in the event I have a court trial for discharging a firearm?

Thanks for requesting me.

Here is a link to the application that you need to fill out to apply for a CCW permit:

You would submit your completed application to the municipal police department if you live in a city, or to the county sheriff's department if you live in a rural area. You need to articulate a situation or circumstances whereby the department can determine whether you have a need, not a desire, to carry a concealed firearm. Here is an Attorney General opinion that defines good cause:

You would also need to complete a course in firearm safety and th elaw regarding the permissible use of a firearm. Some departments may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency at their firing range, and to submit all weapons to be carried for a safety inspection. You also need to submit to a Live Scan for a DOJ records check, and some departments may require a psychological evaluation. You will also have to pay a fee of approximately $500 to obtain a permit.

Under Just Answer policy, we are not allowed to recommend attorneys for customers who use this site. I would suggest you contact the local bar association in your county to obtain a referral to an attorney in your area.

Hope this helps.