what percentage of stock ownership does the irs use to caculate the number of employees counted in obamacare , for owners of multiple businessses, for instance i own 75% of 1 business with 20 employees, the other business i own 25% it has 200 employees, under obamacare how many employees do i have ?
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Alabama
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Im still waiting
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Merely being a shareholder does not make you an employer of anyone. A shareholder of a corporation as such has no interest in any specific property or contract of the corporation in which he or she holds shares of stock.The Board of Directors of each corporation is responsible for complying with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA, also called "Obamacare"). The shareholders of the corporations have no duties under the PPACA.I hope this information is helpful.
Im talking about sub s corp. Youre saying you have to be 50 %Shareholder ? To be considered owner under obamacare
The IRS has not yet adopted final regulations to implement PPACA. Proposed regulations were published in the Federal Register in May 2012 and remain subject to a 90 day comment period, seehttp://www.lifehealthpro.com/2012/05/18/ppaca-irs-releases-final-health-tax-credit-regulatDo your companies provide health insurance to their employees?
Thank you for accepting my answer.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).