Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

Good Morning; I just recieved 1/3 of house threw inheritance.

Good Morning; I just recieved 1/3 of house threw inheritance. I want to sell, my sister does not , House is rented, the past 4 years, sister keeping rent monies. I now want 1/3 rent or sell. I told sister I want 1/3 of the rent, now is not answer phone calls from me. What can I do ? She has no rental agreement with renters, not checked for co2 detector, or check fire detector, plus make renter pay in cash. What do I do to get my inheritance?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. If 2 parties own property and cant agree what to do with it there are several options
1. sell from one to the other
2. if one cant be done, try to have a third party mediate a solution
3. if one and two cant be done, then one of the parties would commence a lawsuit to force the sale of the property and division of the proceeds. often the threat of such a suit makes options 1 and 2 become more successful as both sides realize that it expensive to litigate.
To find local counsel to represent you, see