Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can I cancel my card after the. 72 hours has passed.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You can file a claim with your credit card company for a fraudulent charge and the credit card company will investigate and determine whether or not there was a valid contract. Many times on a phone sale like this the credit card company will refund the sale. However, if they produce any actual written contract that you signed they will not refund the purchase. If there is no written contract, then even though the law says there is a 3 day right to cancel, most credit card companies will still cancel and then it is up to the company to try to sue you for breach of contract which most all of them never will, but legally if they do and they prove that there was a contract with them and you canceled beyond the 72 hour legal cancellation period, they could win a claim against you.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would be your fee to represent me or check out the bbb in colorado
Mr. Dennis, I am honored that you would ask me to represent you, but the rules of the site forbid us from representing anyone. As far as the BBB, you can do that at http://www.bbb.org and you can file a complaint on there for them claiming they were rated by the BBB or a BBB member.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so I called the credit card company and told them what happened telling them everything. I have 50 days left to make a complaint. My only option is to prove what they are selling does not jive with what they offered. Such as Gurneys for 199o. Only balcony for cruises Offers only available to its members found better deals by going to the web site of the properties they are offering. Do I have a chance despite everything else you so aptly notated?
Yes, credit cards give more protection than the laws sometimes. They give you protection against not getting what you ordered. Thus, you should make such a complaint and get it removed from your charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I did exactly that. I told them they did not deliver what they promised.
I further spoke to the Sky Group who is the distributor and they claimed if I was dissatisfied with my purchase I would have to speak to Sea To Ski who told me the opposite. When I had agreed to stay on they had sent me a coupon with no strings attached and when I tried to use it they told me it was not included in the vacation I wanted to book.
I was irate and that day is when called the credit card to tell me how they falsely delivered. One day later after asking for our credit card I got a call saying they would accept the voucher for the free trip. I have noticed that even though I am contesting the charge they have not reversed the charge from my credit card as of yet. Does that take some time? Finally I need to build my case and show who what they promised is false and has no bearing on what they had promised. Of course their counter is that anything said has no bearing to what you signed. In fact they pretty much told me that what I heard on the presentation has no relevance since when you signed the contract all verbal indicators were null and void. Would you start to put out the scam stuff on the computer as of yet? or wait to see what can be resolved or reaching out to the better business bureau in both States one being colorado the home of sea to ski or New Jersey for the distribution company called Sky Group?

Thanks again
Dennis
The credit card company can take sometimes up to 30 days to remove the charge from the account, depending on their investigation and each company is different, so you need to call your credit card company about the dispute.

Any of their verbal promises cannot change the terms of their written agreement, that works both against you and for you. What I mean is if they are going to try to claim that they did offer to accept something that is not included in the contract, if they did not put it in writing they cannot introduce verbal promises to change the terms of the contract. You need to continue to work with the credit card company as well as the BBB and Attorney General's Consumer Protection unit to let them work to resolve this complaint of yours and do not put anything out on the computer yet, let these agencies and your credit card company resolve the dispute.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I contact the BBB in each of the states with a complaint?

And where does one find the Attorney General consumer Protection unit?
Is it a national agency or do they have regional offices?
No, you just need to contact the BBB in the state where the company is located. Same with the Attorney General, you contact the attorney general's office in the state where the company is located and they will investigate, it is the State Attorney General's office and you call their main number and they will put you in touch with their consumer protection unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great vthanks
Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney