Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Dear Sir, I was answered by Mr. Dimitry Esq. that I cant

Dear Sir,

I was answered by Mr. Dimitry Esq. that I can't raise "new information" regarding evidences presented by the other party because my attorney failed to bring up that issue(fraudulent document) at that time in court. However, this is a question queried by an Appeal court judge because the document was inconsistent and odd. Although the Federal Circle panel's decision was that I failed because the other party didn't speak all of the truth. But I still have a right for petition of rehearing. Do I have a right to raise the issue of fraudulent document in my petition for rehearing? What will happen if I raise the issue on my petition ? Your answer will be appreciated
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
If you learned that the document was fraudulent only after the trial, then you can raise this issue on your rehearing, but if you knew of this during the trial and failed to raise the issue at trial, you are not supposed to raise the issue on appeal. That being said, if the appeals judge claimed the document was odd, then it does not hurt you on the rehearing to raise the fraudulent letter even if you did not raise it in the trial below and all the court can do is strike it from your appeal and not consider it. However, legally, they are not supposed to consider anything not raised in the trial below.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON EVEN IF THE FEEDBACK SAYS NEED MORE OR HELPED A LITTLE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION.

PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted to use the REPLY button and we are happy to continue working with you to get you all of the information you require.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please click the top THREE POSITIVE FACES so that we can get good feedback for working with you.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear PaulMJD,

Thank you for your help. Appeal court panel queried the "odd" question to the other party on oral hearing. Are there any statute(laws #) to support my rights or obligations to answer appeal court panel's question to another party? The other party is very rich. Can he suit me later by filing another litigation against me because my action of raising the issue now? Your answer will be appreciated!
I am afraid there is no law giving you the right to answer a question made to the other party. However, you are entitled to respond to whatever answer they give as part of the appeals process. He cannot sue you again for raising the issue now and the most he can do is file a motion to strike (remove) that part of your response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear PaulMJD,

Thank you! Their document was a pasted document done by two different files. Panel asked: It's two different translations. They replied : "It's actually different reference. The transition of the reference that ended up not being relevant." You told me that I am entitled to respond to his answers. Does it mean that I can point out the inconsistent and odd part of their document and also provide related information to prove my argument? Your help will be appreciated!
Yes, you can point out the inconsistencies in his answers in your reconsideration and you can attach any proof you have the document was not proper.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear PaulMJD,

Is there any statute(law #) for the right of "
Yes, you can point out the inconsistencies in his answers in your reconsideration and you can attach any proof you have the document was not proper." I need it to convince my attorney who was afraid of Panel's rejection of rehearing chance due to raising of the issue. Thank you very much!
Not everything has statutes and law numbers I am afraid and this is one of them. This is a professional decision by the attorney replying to the case as to how to respond to the other party's claims. If this is in reconsideration, the attorney would have to respond to the grounds in the written appeal order and raise the letter as it was discussed by the court, which is the opening to raise the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear PaulMJD,

Thank you! I am sorry I have no legal knowledge. What do you mean "If this is in reconsideration,"? After oral hearing, It's a case reversed (reverse decision published already) by appeal court. My attorney told me that I still one chance to apply petition for rehearing. Is this "in reconsideration"?
That is what I just said, you had a hearing on appeal and you have a chance to ask for a reconsideration and in that reconsideration you would raise the issues and address the issues raised by the other party and the appeals court in the first appeal, which would include the letter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear PaulMJD,

Thank you very much! Your help is so important to me! Thank you!

Thank you very much.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law