Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

how long do you have to file a medical malpractice suit against

how long do you have to file a medical malpractice suit against a hospital one night a few years ago my mom was complaining about dizziness and her blood pressure was sky high so i took her to the hospital they checked her out in preop at front said she had'nt had a stroke or heart attack it slowly went down while we were there they said we want to keep her for observation overnight she was fine when she was in her room with me and my sister then we left for the night when we came back the next morning she was sluring her words and could barely walk sometime during the night when they were supposed to watching her she had a stroke they are supposed to be able to reverse the effects if brought inn in time being she was already there i'd say that was in time then a little while or few months later she had another now she is totally f##ked up can't walk with me holding her, pisses herself, does nothing but sleep,eat when me and my sister were leaving i said how are they supposed to watching her with no machines hooked up but i figured they knew what they were doing WRONG this is st joesph hospital in ypsilanti/ann arbor , you know how bad me and my sister feel now knowing if 1 of us had stayed she would not be like this for the last few years i have put my life on hold to stay here and help be with her so can i do anything seeing years have passed thanks dan.

In Michigan, you only have two years from the date of the malpractice or negligent act to file a suit. I'm sorry, but it sounds like more time than that has passed in your case.

I have answered your question. Please click on a 3,4,or 5 rating so that I will be compensated. If you are not satisfied with this answer, please send me a Reply with what you feel is wrong with the answer and what additional information you are seeking.
Clicking on number 1 or 2 is not necessary in order for me to explain my Answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX rating for the original question before you branch off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.