Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

DOES A HOSPITAL HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A PATIENT ADMITTED

DOES A HOSPITAL HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A PATIENT ADMITTED BY COURT
ORDER INVOLUNTARY HOLD WHEN ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL WHEN NO MEDICAL
CARE IS NECESSARY ACTUALLY ADMITTED ADMINSTRATIVE REASON THE PATIENT
WAS IN FULL REMISSION AND THE HOLD WENT ON FOR 6 WEEKS THE PATIENT THEN
STARTED TO DETERIATE TO BECOME ILL AND THEN WAS CIVIL COMMITTED. IF
THE PATIENT WAS IN NEED OF NO MEDICAL CARE IS THERE NOT A POINT WHERE
THE DIRECTOR OF THE HOSPITAL SHOULD OF PETITIONED THE COURT TO HAVE HER
MOVED ELSE WHERE THEN A LOCKED WARD IN PSYHIATRIC HOSPITAL. THE HOSPITAL
SHOULD CARE ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THE PATIENT AND THE QUALITY OF THE LIFE
FOR THE PATIENT. THE COURT ORDER SHOULD OF BEEN ADDRESSED BY THE HEAD
OF THE HOSPITAL AND SHOULD OF BEEN CONCERNED OF TAKING A MENTAL ILLNESS
PERSON WHO IS TOTALLY IN REMISSION AND HAVING THEM HOSPITAL TO GET THEM
SICK? THEN BILL MEDICAL ASSISTANE $158,000.00 TO DO SO! WHAT ARE THE
LAWS OF HEALTH IN THIS SITUATION. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ACTION OR
INACTION ! I DON'T BELIEVE THAT OUR COUNTRY HAS TOTALLY THROWN OUT OUR
ETHICS OF PEOPLES HEALTH? WHO IS RUNNING THE SHOW? WHO BECOMES
RESPONSIBLE WHEN SOMEONE GETS HURT?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES I DO NOT GET ANY ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS? WHY

IS THAT?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay you have experienced. I apologize for the wait, sometimes we have technical issues causing questions to not appear on the list.

When there is a court ordered commitment, it is not up to the hospital administration to fight the commitment. If the party who has been committed does not believe the commitment to be any longer warranted, then it is up to the attorney for the party to file in court to vacate the involuntary commitment. This is not up to the hospital or hospital staff, it would have been up to your attorney to get the court to reverse the order.

You can file in court for bankruptcy to have the hospital bills extinguished to relieve you of your responsibility. Also, if you have a doctor who can testify that the hospital did something to cause your illness and to make you sick while you were there, then you could consider suing the hospital for malpractice. However, this would require you to have a medical expert to attest to the fact that the care was malpractice and the evidence would have to be reviewed then by a local malpractice attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “GREAT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IN THIS CASE THERE WERE 3 DOCTORS INCLUDING THE DIRECTOR OF THE WARD, THEY STATED DAILY THERE WAS

ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICAL CARE NECESSARY FOR HOSPITALIZATION. THERE CONCERN WAS THAT THE

UNNECESSARY HOLD IN THE HOSPITAL WOULD EFFECT HER

WITH STRESS, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION, THIS IS BORDERING ON "INTENTIONAL iNFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL

DISTRESS". THIS WAS WRITTEN DAILY BY THESE DOCTORS

AND WAS ALSO GIVEN TO THE COUNTY ATTORNEY DAILY

PER STAFF REPORT! WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY THAT THESE

DOCTORS NEVER EXPERIENCED A SITUATION LIKE THIS

BEFORE AS THEY STATED THEY TRIED TO GET HER DISCHARGED BUT THE PROSECUTOR AND HER COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY WOULD NOT ALLOW FOR IT! THE

MINNESOTA STATUE STATES THAT THE DIRECTOR SHOULD

OF PETITIONED THE COURT FOR MODIFICATION OF THE

COURT ORDER AS WELL AS THE INSURANCE COMPANY!

WHAT HAPPENED HERE WAS THEY NEVER HAD A PERSON

IN FULL REMISSION PUT INTO THERE WARD. THIS PERSON

DID NOT MEET THE STANDARDS FOR HOSPITALIZATION AND

WAS EXPARTE TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL WHEN NOT NECESSARY. THEN AFTER 6 WEEKS OF THE CONFINEMENT

DID BECOME ILL AS THE DOCTORS WERE PREDICTING,

THIS I FEEL WAS THE WRONG, YOU DON'T LET PERSON

BE CONFINED WHEN YOU KNOW THE CONFINEMENT WAS

NOT RIGHT TO BEGIN WITH THEN ALLOW THE 6 WEEKS TO GO

BY AND WATCH HER DERIATE TO ILLNESS! YOU USUAL GO TO

THE HOSPITAL WHEN YOU HAVE DETERIATED TO BECOME

WELL!! THIS I FEEL WAS A INHUMANE ACTION DONE TO A

PERSON WHO HAS A MENTAL ILLNESS WHEN THIS PERSON

IS IN FULL REMISSION AND IS NOT SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF

MENTAL ILLNESS!!

If the doctors were reporting this and they reported this to the director, then it was the director's job to seek the modification. Thus, if the records prove that the doctors notified the director of the need for modification or release and no action was taken then if the doctors are willing to testify as experts, you can pursue an action against the facility and the director for not doing so and with this additional evidence you need to bring the records to a medical malpractice attorney to show the director did not act on the doctor's recommendations.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law