Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

hey i am 14 and going back to my mom in TN and im with my dad

Customer Question

hey i am 14 and going back to my mom in TN and im with my dad in wissconsin and im only here every summer for a little bit and how old do you have to be in TN to choose wich parent i can live with
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you with your concerns. If you would like me to clarify my answer, I will be happy to do so.

To answer your question directly, a minor cannot make a legal decision as to which parent to live with. A minor can make that decision when he or she turns 18. The minor CAN testify in court and speak with the judge about his or her preference, but it is still going to be up to the judge to make the decision. For example if you want to stay with dad, your dad can file in court for a change in the court order, and you can speak with the judge over your wishes. That will be taken under consideration by the judge, but the judge can still choose to either agree or not with your wishes.

Hope that helps.

Kindly remember to only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" or "I expected more”, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please be aware that if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i mean really
I am sorry, do you have a follow-up question?