N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

Can an action be taken against a public body (not in its role

Can an action be taken against a public body (not in its role as an employer but rather in its treatment of the public in connection with meetings, activities, etc.) under the ADA's anti-retaliation provisions? If so, are punitive damages available?
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Review my many recent e-mails. You are giving me a run around. When do I get ananswer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still waiting for an answer
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been a lawyer for many years, but never in the ADA area. My question was adequate for an easy, immediate answer--why hasn't one been forthcoming. To date I have paid about $90. When will I receive a response. Contact me promptly, less you wish to reduce your protoct to vacant idiocy of those tied to our cultural times or the mediocrocity of those who demand to govern the others.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have received no answer whatsoever, in any form; rather, you have advised that more info is needed, at an additional $40. cost.

I paid this additional amount under protest., You never answered my question as to what additional info was requiredbut you have suggested that additional info, at additionan cost to me might be required. You have not answered any questions that you advertised; rather you have kaleidoscoped simple questions into different variants that avoid the simple, initial question--what is the answer?

Indeed, whay is the answer? Are you prepared to resolve a simple question or do you wish to contes an action claiming that you are engaged in Interstate fraud?

I would rather you provide me a comprehensive answer for $25. than have to ask my partners at Morgan, Lewis for a favor. Prompt attention is always appreciated.

Indeed, what is the answer I believe that you are operating a fraudulent scheme.

The answer to your question about punitive damages is No, at least not in the Ninth Circuit, which includes Arizona, see

The Alvarado opinion is posted at

The Court held "ADA retaliation claims are limited to equitable relief".

The full citation is Alvarado v. Cajun Operating Co., 588 F.3d 1261 (9th Cir. 2009) and I have not Shepardized it, but it appears to be the law in the Ninth Circuit.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience: since 1983
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have you seen my updated ADA issue. Kindly advise. Thanks, Charles

I've been out most of the day but I will find it now.