Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Experience:  General practice experience in many areas of law

if you suspect you spouse is having an affair and you see their

if you suspect you spouse is having an affair and you see their automobile at the house can officers knock on the door to verify who is there?
Thank you for your question.

Adultery is not a crime in Texas. The police would have no authority to verify the existence of the adulterous activity because it does not fall within their jurisdiction. Because adultery is relevant in divorce proceedings, you may have a private investigator track evidence of the adultery to use in court.

I do my best to answer the question you have posted. Please remember to click on GREAT Service or (Smile Faces) so I can be credited for my time, and please bear in mind that I can't control what the law is and whether it helps you. I can only tell you what the law says, and I assume that you want truthful information. If you would like to continue our conversation, I would be happy to answer any follow-up questions or provide clarification via the “Reply to Expert” tab on the following screen. Providing feedback of 2 stars or less means I am not paid for my time in answering your question, and our conversation will end. Thank you.