TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I was taken to the hosp by emts an june 8 and expressed to

I was taken to the hosp by emts an june 8 and expressed to have my dog taken care of. the Humane socioty responded and was told to leave. when I left the police left my dog in my closed trailer, in to 120 degrees inside, with no food or water for three days till my manager let him out. I would lioke to sue the officer for animal cruelty. do i have a case.
The law does not allow a private citizen to sue for animal cruelty. A private citizen such as your self can only sue for the loss of the value of the dog. In other words, and I know this sounds very cold, but the law sees the dog only a piece of property for which you can be compensated at a replacement price for a similar dog on the market.

In your case, your dog survived and there does not appear to be any veterinarian expenses that you incurred as a result, so unfortunately you can sue. I'm sad to tell you this because that is unforgiveable...especially since they knew your poor dog was locked in there.

The best you can do is file a complaint with the police department and hope that they will offer some training to the idiot police officer who left the dog in there.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,