Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am a vet who was exposed to agent orange. On Aug 2011 I hand

I am a vet who was exposed to agent orange. On Aug 2011 I hand a heart attack and on Sept 2011 I had a triple bypass. I was granted 100% disabled. Now the va wants to cut my rating to 80%. stating that my heart is better and I am taking pills that help my heart. I know that once your heart is damaged it never repairs itself. Should contest this ruling?

Yes. I suggest you contest it because you are correct, your heart will never be the same or fully recovered. I further suggest that you contact your elected representive to Congress and have them intercede on your behalf. That is what they are there for to assist constituents.

You can use this link for contacts. It looks like Representative Trent Franks is on the Armed Services Committee and you might want to start with him.

Thank you for your service and good luck

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

Thank you.