Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Sorry to hear. Although it is easy to say. Something like "please

Sorry to hear. Although it is easy to say. Something like "please take the few seconds to give me a rating" seems better to me. Can I tell the owner that I will report him to the Better Business Bureau as well as some state agency that I was told handles compaints if he doesn't give me a cash settlement. They also did something very nasty and health endangering as part of the move.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Yes you can report the owner to the Better Business Bureau. I will check to see if there is a state agency as well. Please give me about 15 min.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks much as always,

You can file a complaint with the Department of Transportation – Here is the link:

Scroll halfway down the page to where it states Moving Complaints

Is this the language that you think should be changed? "Your rating of my work is very important to me – please leave me a five-star rating if I provided you with good service even if the law was not in your favor."