TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I have purchased 6 website licenses from StoresOnLine in 2006.

I have purchased 6 website licenses from StoresOnLine in 2006. I have only used one of them since then, and they are deducting 24.95 from my checking account every month to host it. I don't care right now about the loss of money I experienced during these last years regarding the purchase of their package ($6000). All I need to know now is, how do I stop them from taking anymore money automatically from that checking account? I want to cancel that website and prevent any more auto-withdrawals to them.
There are several suggestions I have for you.

1. Send a written notice by certified mail to the company which "terminates" your contract with them and their right to make automatic withdrawals.

2. Contact your bank and alert them that the merchant making these withdrawals are no longer authorized to do so and any further withdrawals are fraudulent. You may need to ask if your bank can change the account number or the debit card number (depending on how you authorized the company to make the withdrawals).

If that doesn't work, you need to cancel the bank account and sue the company for violation of Colorado consumer protection statutes.

Please let me know if you need further information.

ZDN