TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

How can i find out if a township has any zonning ordinances

How can i find out if a township has any zonning ordinances for the trees? The number of thres that is mandated to be present on the corner? Or potentially the requrieemnt on each block to have a three? I need to find thouse ordinances, but i cant - is there a way to find out? I called the township but they wont tell me. i called the township office but then did not tell me. Not sure what to do.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I have a couple of questions I need you to answer to help me point you in the right direction in finding the local ordinances you are looking for.

First, I'd like to point out the very real possibility that there are not going to be any local ordinances that cover the topic of which you are inquiring. In other words, the number of trees that can be "present on a corner" may not be the subject of any ordinance or law.

So, please answer the following questions:

1. What "township" are you inquiring about (city, county, and state)?

2. Are you talking about trees on public property? Or are you talking about trees on private property? When you say trees on a block, what do you mean?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am talking about threes on both public and priavate property i guess - in this case the builder is proposing cutting the single tree on the block - but it is located on his territory. its a cross raoad and ther are 4 buisines on each corner lot and there is only one tree - on the property taht the builder is proposing to redevelop and it measn cutting that three since he watns to build a 2 family there. I am claiming that that trhee is skyline definnig for that corner and if its cut then that corner will have no trees whatsover, but i am trying tio find id there is an ordinance to see if Cliffside park NJ has any ordinances that dictate how the trees can be cut. I think every time you cuta three you ahve to ask permission of the township to do that..
I'm going to tell you right off the bat that it is highly unlikely that the city can dictate whether or not you can cut down a tree on your own property. However, many town ordinances are different.

The following link is where you can find all the ordinances for the city. You'll have to look through all of them to see if you can find one applicable to your situation:

Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and I'll provide further information.

Best Regards,

I wanted to follow up with you to see if there was any further information that I could provide you with.

If you find my answer acceptable, please either rate or accept my answer so that I may receive credit for my work. If you feel that you still need more information, let me know and I will do what I can to help you.

Best Regards,