TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Is there a way to investigate a Plaintiff to see if they are

Is there a way to investigate a Plaintiff to see if they are constantly suing people for financial gain and if they have, present this in a case against us in AZ Superior Court, civil suit.

The plaintiffs came from Michigan
There are a few ways you can go about obtaining this information. The first is using the discovery power you have from the lawsuit in Arizona. You would send an interrogatory and ask them to name every lawsuit they have been involved in, the amount they sued for, and the amount the obtained as a result of the lawsuit.

The second way of doing this is much harder, and that involves searching through various court records until you locate the lawsuits. This would only then really get you the pleadings on file with the court. If they settled the lawsuit, it would be impossible from these records to tell how much they got from the settlement. If there was a verdict, you would be able to find out by searching the records. In some modernized counties, court records available on line. Check out the court's website and look for links to the county clerk or district court clerk.

Finally, I believe there are private investgation websites, such as PublicData.com, that allows you to search a persons civil litigation history (in addition to criminal history). There are small charges for each search. I often use this method to find out more about my opponent's in the litigation I handle.

I hope this information is useful to you and I wish you luck in your litigation. Please let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris