TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

As a condominium owner in Fort Worth, TX, I own a percentage

As a condominium owner in Fort Worth, TX, I own a percentage of every inch of the property. Does this give me the right to carry a concealed weapon when I am on property (walking dog, taking out trash, etc.)

Zachary D. Norris :

Hi

Zachary D. Norris :

I'm a Texas attorney and will be happy to answer your question.

I'm switching to the Q&A format to answer your question. Please stand by and you will receive notification when I have finished my answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Standing by.
Condominium common areas, while private property, is not property that is solely owned by you. The law states that unless the premises are owned by you, or are under your control, you have to have a concealed weapons permit to carry a concealed handgun. The common areas are not your premises, per se, and are not under your control. Therefore you have to have a concealed weapons license to carry the gun around.

I see you have requested me on another question. The question has been categorized as a "real estate" law question (which I think is an incorrect categorization). However, because of this categorization, I cannot answer the question. I just wanted to let you know.

If the moderator of the forum opens the question back up, then I will answer it. If not, then I'm sure another qualified real estate attorney can also address the question.

Please be patient and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Understood. Thank you.