Joseph Scott
Joseph Scott, Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced law for 10 years. I have handled hundreds of cases if various areas of the law.

I am applying for an out of state Educator Certificate in Kentucky.

I am applying for an out of state Educator Certificate in Kentucky. I received an inscribed reprimand on my Texas Educator Certificate in 2007. Is that information is going to be reported in Kentucky as well?

Joseph Scott :

Hi, are you available to chat at the moment?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello...I tried to chat with you but for some reason I was unable to get through.
Whenever you have a professional license and you are applying for your license to be transferred to a different state, whatever discipline you may have received will have to be disclosed to the state where you are applying. In fact, most governing licensing bodies specifically ask if you have ever been disciplined or had any complaints filed against you. If you were disciplined, then they will want to see copies of any and all correspondence and a final disposition of all decisions and discipline handed out.

However, if you are still licensed, there is a good chance that Kentucky will accept your transfer even with the discipline. If I were you, I would call Kentucky and ask to speak with the department that handles transfers and explain the situation. They may help know what you need to do to help out the situation.

I hope that helps, if you need anything else from me, please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck with your move.

My best,

J. Scott
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your information. I am desperately trying to obtain a job and I am an experienced educator. Would there be other suggestions that you could list that would help my cause in obtaining a certificate in Kentucky and a job?
How long ago did the discipline take place?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The inscribed reprimand was placed back in August 2007.
That is good to know since it's been 5 years since any reprimand or conduct has taken place. If I were you I would outline the following things:

1). Your time you have as a teacher (how many years).
2). You have only had one incident of discipline and that it was 5 years ago.
3). There has been no further complaints or discipline received since 2007.
4). You are love of education and your strong desire to continue in the profession with your new opportunity in Kentucky.

Those are some quick points that I would point out in my application. But DO NOT HIDE ANYTHING! If they find out that you were not being upfront about the discipline, you will be denied a license in Kentucky, I guarantee it.

Good luck, let me know if I can do anything else for you.