Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

With my notice of appeal on a civil case I had attached documents

With my notice of appeal on a civil case I had attached documents of proof as well as further explanation of my reasons, for example; my health situation at the time with doctor letters, prescriptions, etc. Is it necessary to attach copies again to the actual appeal as well??
Hello and welcome,

The exhibits supporting the appeal should normally be attached to the appellate brief itself. The court may not review documents attached to the notice of appeal, so I would be sure to include them with the appellate brief itself.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation link if you have additional questions; and if you do, I ask that you please keep in mind that I do not know what you may already know or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

Please recognize that the rating system only gives me credit for working with you when you click one of the 3 stars/faces on the right (positive rating). Also, kindly rate me based solely on my assistance to you in understanding the law, and not based on whether my answer is what you were hoping to hear. I have no control over the how the law impacts your particular situation, and I trust that you can understand how it would be unfair for me to be punished by a (negative rating) ----the first 2 stars/faces----for having been honest with you about the law.

All the best to you in 2012!