TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I have noticed that some of the upscale daycare centers do

I have noticed that some of the upscale daycare centers do not host trips or allow their children to take walks. I didn't get an opportunity to ask the director "why" since I was actually a college student at the time. I felt that they were not allowing the children to have fun. Can parents sue a center if the center hosts a trip and an accident occurs in a private contracted authorized school bus?

Thank you so much. I appreciate your answers. Your answers are causing me to rethink our policies and procedures. Have a great day!
A family could potentially sue a daycare center for negligence if a child was injured because of the fault of the bus driver, or because the school bus was not properly equipped with safety features. Even if the school bus driver was not negligent, the school would still likely face a suit for any injury to the children in it. The daycare's insurance carrier will likely cover this type of incident. I imagine though taht many daycare's don't want the increased cost of insurance that an insurance carrier will require when doing field trips like what you are talking about.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris