TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Why cant event tickets be copied

Why can't event tickets be copied and sold multiple times
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Tickets are a form of commercial paper which entitle the holder of the ticket to entrance or passage. Thus, the paper must be authentic, i.e., the original copy, or uniquely identifiable, for the ticketing system to work. Under the law, the holder of the authentic ticket has a right which must be honored by the provider. The ticket provider has a right to limit its obligations to the number of unique tickets sold. Thus, it is illegal to copy tickets for sale multiple times, because this is a fraud on the ticket provider.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was more of a tech question. I get tickets by email and print them out at home. At the price of some tickets it seems like it would be easy to make more copies, sell them and leave town with a lot of cash and pissed off people trying to get into the show. If 100 people show up with tickets for the same seats, who decides who gets in?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
I understand...but what you are talking about is a crime. So you would have pissed off people and probably the police looking for you. Not worth the risk.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
You've left negative comments. I provided you with a legal answer to your question. Your proposal on its face is for the commission of a crime. I'm sorry that this has caused you to leave a negative comment which reflects on my profile. I'm willing to work with you to provide you with the information you want. If you are looking for a technical answer, perhaps you were posting to the wrong part of the forum.

Please let me know.

-Zachary D. Norris