Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

what is the status of the legislatures random drug testing

what is the status of the legislatures random drug testing law that is supposed to go into effect July 1? I know scotts executive order was declared unconstitutional but what about the new law?

If you are talking about the Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act, the Governor signed the enacted bill on March 16th, and it goes into effect on July 1. The courts' decision about the executive order had no effect on that. You can see the date the Governor signed the Act at:

Here is a commentary on the bill:

Please feel free to ask for clarification if you need it by simply clicking the reply button and asking your follow up question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I am referring to the Flordia workplace act. Will scotts appeal on the executive order cause the new law to not go into effect or is it expected that the new law will go into effect and it will be challenged in court?
Hello again,

I am sorry I didn't make myself more clear. The decision on the Executive Order has nothing to do with the law. The law is going into effect on July 1, regardless of the outcome of the Executive Order. The Executive Order was a different issue not covered by the law.