Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

i need to defend myself in trial for vicious dogs at large.

i need to defend myself in trial for vicious dogs at large. i do not feel that the vicious is fair and do to want to accept a plea. how do i present my case?
Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :

Hi

Zachary D. Norris :

I'd be happy to answer your question.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you there?

Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.
The Nevada dog bite statute defines a "dangerous dog," as a dog, that without provocation, on two separate occasions within 18 months, behaves menacingly to a degree that would lead a reasonable person to defend him or herself against substantial bodily harm, when the dog is either off the premises of its owner or keeper or not confined in a cage or pen. A dog then becomes "vicious" when, without being provoked, it kills or inflicts substantial bodily harm upon a human being. If substantial bodily harm results from an attack by a dog known to be vicious, its owner or keeper is guilty of a category D felony. Under the statute, a dog may not be declared dangerous if it attacks as a defensive act against a person who was committing or attempting to commit a crime or who provoked the dog.

In general, you need to present one of the following defenses at your trial:

1. There was no substantial bodily harm caused to any person who was allegedly attacked.

2. There is no evidence that the dog had ever caused anyone substantial bodily harm before and no evidence that it was vicious.

3. Any attack that did occur was only because the dog was provoked.

Please let me know if this answers your question, or if you require further detail.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs