J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
15393114

i have a judgement against a woman for about 5k. i have executed

i have a judgement against a woman for about 5k. i have executed the second procedure for her to have claimed i think what is her assetts that could be exempted. she did not respond to this either to the clerk of court. How do i find out what her bank accounts are and at with which bank? I have her ss#?
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You can ask the court in which your judgment was entered to hold a "judgment debtor exam".

J.Hazelbaker :

When a judgment debtor refuses/fails to respond, the judge can force them into court at your request and force them to answer questions under oath about their assets.

J.Hazelbaker :

During the exam, you can ask where they bank and which accounts they have.

J.Hazelbaker :

You can then freeze and levy those accounts.

J.Hazelbaker :

The first step should be going to the clerk of court and asking the procedure for requesting a judgment debtor exam. Usually, this is done through a written motion/request. In your request, you should inform the court that the judgment debtor has thus far failed/refused to respond to written requests for information.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

Customer:
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience: Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Your previous expert correctly answered your question, did you have any further questions?