AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

My girlfriend and I ( lesbians ) have been off and on for last

My girlfriend and I ( lesbians ) have been off and on for last eight years. Nothing in this house is in her name...not one bill. I broke the relationship. Will she be able to sue me for anything?
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer. I am Thoreau and I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you asked your question.
If a couple, regardless of sexual orientation, is not married, have not bought anything together, and had no agreements for mutual support, there should generally be no ongoing obligation for support and no need to split up any assets. However, any items bought together would be subject to a fair distribution upon a break up. Further, if two people are on a lease together and break up, the person who leaves the home is still liable to the landlord under the lease. The other partner could also potentially sue the person who left if she fails to contribute to the rent or other expenses for the duration of the lease, as agreed upon by the partners.
I'm sorry to hear about the break up. Ending a long relationship is really difficult, but it's more difficult when money is involved. I wish the best for both of you and hope that things aren't any more complicated than necessary.