LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was divorced in July 27, 2011. My ex-husband was to pay

I was divorced in July 27, 2011. My ex-husband was to pay me 1/2 of his pension from that point forward. A QUADRO was needed to get the money sent to me by Fidelty (his pension holder). The QUADRO did not get completed until March of this year. I got my first check from Fidelty in April, 2012. My ex-husband sent me some money while the QUADRO was being worked on but never the amount I should have been getting. Once I started getting the money directly, I went back through my bank statements and calculated the additional money that was owed to me from July 27, 2011 until April, 2012. I sent him this information and asked him when I would be getting my additional money. He has not responded. I have called and emailed on several occasions - but nothing. I recently sent him a registered letter with the information and he did receive it but again nothing. I believe I have to take him back to court but know I will probably have to get a lawyer - but my funds are limited. Any suggestions? Can I take him to court without a lawyer? If so, how.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

I certainly understand your situation. When a person fails to comply with an order of the court, the other party WOULD need to take them back to enforce the order or ask the Judge to hold that person in contempt. When filing the motion, a person would want to lay out the facts, amount owed and cite the previous order signed by the Judge, stating when the payment were supposed to begin and that they were not made. A person can do this on their own and an attorney is not required. The other party will have to appear and explain to the Judge, why they do not think they need to pay and comply with an order of the court. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know how I go about it without an attorney? Are there forms that need to be filed with the courts. If so, how do I get those forms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my reply?

Yes I did. Here is a link with forms for you to reference. You may want to look at the order to show cause and motion for contempt. http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/courtforms/general/genindex.htm

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on
something which I stated above. I want to make sure your experience with the
site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I
provided.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 8+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.