Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I live in NJ and am a owner of a townhouse which is called

I live in NJ and am a owner of a townhouse which is called a manor home two units attached.
The unit next to me is in foreclosure and someone lives there without proper township papers and inspection.......We have a law here that says we need to have chimmey inspected and dryer vents...............The assoication will not enforce these rules on the person who currently lives there they say we have to have this done for safety issues why don't these folks have to live by the same rules ? Is there something I can do ?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. There might be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I am typing out my answer, or taking a quick break. Please remember that this is general information only, not legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

Can you please tell me where this law is from, i.e. is this is an HOA bylaw, or a municipality ordinance, etc?

This not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
New Jersey State Law pertaining to the clean dryer vent............Township law for no occupancy<<< Next door neighboor occuping the unit.................I called the township no response calle twice
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I

I am afraid that it is up to the locality to enforce their own laws as they see fit. You cannot "make" them ticket the individuals, any more than you can "make" an officer write a ticket for speeding.

If you feel that there is favoritism due to race, gender, creed, etc, then this may be a Equal Protection Clause matter; but barring that, I am afraid that you have little enforcement ability.

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes people have limited avenues to seek relief. Please understand that this is not the expert’s fault. Surely, you prefer that I tell you the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Please keep this in mind when rating my answer. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

I hope this finds you well. Please remember – I do not get credit for my time with you unless the answer is rated/concluded by you (while no mandatory, a bonus is always appreciated); I work very hard to formulate an informative answer for you – please reciprocate my good faith. If you need more information, simply hit reply so we can chat until you are satisfied. You may always come back to this thread for follow ups on this topic free of charge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I wrote and State for the one issue and I got back local munc? Not worth the 28 bucks
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.

Apologies. Whether or not this would be state or local law, the answer still applies just the same: it is up to the authorities to enforce the law and they have some discrepancy in doing so as long as they are not doing so under a discrimination of race, gender, ethnicity, etc.

Nonetheless, I will opt out and perhaps another expert will have a different take on the topic. Best of luck!