Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

FOR ELY . Before my vistor came here I promised her one

FOR ELY .

Before my vistor came here I promised her one month in my house without spending money and air tickets come here and back there exactly one month after arrival. In case we dont get well with eachother am I obliged to keep her in my house for one month as agreed? As otherwise she has no money for the rest of the time 2 weeks for hotels and all her expenses. And if she jeaves my house and finds somebody am I responsible for any problems she may get in? I ask these as I commited myself to keep her one month in my house before she came and on basis of that promise she came here.
Seems like we are too different from eachother in mentality she is in skype full time with her friends and read books we even dont speak much to eachother even she likes me I think.
If I ask her to return to her country before agreed time or if she goes to a girlfriend house and hets in troubles can I kept responsible?
Also I promised her medical insurance for one month which I issued.But this insurance requires that she pays for all medical services she may need and later she claims the money back from insurance company, in other words if she may need medical treatments as she has no money I will have to pay all and later she will claim the insurance and she will receive back the money I may pay. Have you heard about such insurance? Am I in troubles if she may need expensive medical treatments?
I will appreciate very much your detailed replys as usual as I am very much in stress with this subject even there are no problems between her and me but for sure it doesnt look like a reallove story and I dont know what is realy in her mind.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Shalom Ronen.

In case we dont get well with eachother am I obliged to keep her in my house for one month as agreed?

Not really. Such a verbal commitment is hard to prove, and even if she wanted to try, it is not like she would file suit against you in Court. You do not have to keep her in your home any more than you do a stranger and may ask her to leave.

And if she jeaves my house and finds somebody am I responsible for any problems she may get in?

Not at all. You are not responsible for her actions here.

No.

I will have to pay all and later she will claim the insurance and she will receive back the money I may pay. Have you heard about such insurance?

Some insurance asks that you pay upfront and make a claim later, but most insurance is processed instantly, so this seems a little old-fashioned, and thus, questionable. But in any case, it is she who is responsible to pay anything upfront, not you, unless you agree to. She cannot make you pay.

Please take care not to be a "used" for medical purposes as a bank while she is in Israel. Many Russians come over to Israel for medical treatment - she may be trying to "use" you to finance her medical treatment.

Am I in troubles if she may need expensive medical treatments?

No.

That is okay. I know that this is a difficult time in your life. It is my pleasure to speak with you always, and I am here if you need me further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Shalom Ely,

Many thanks , in the first paragraph you indicated verbal comitment but is not verbal I wrote her these in my email ,like she can stay here one month in my house that I willl make her expenses in my house and I will make her medical insurance.

Is this email comithent ? like a contract for one month?

As to medical insurance I am afraid to be used as a bank maybe I will look fr another kind of insurance.

If we dont get well to eachother I can ask her to go to house of her girlfriend in Ashdod?

Many thanks in advance Ely

Shabat Shalom . Toda Raba

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Ronen,

No. You can ask a guest to leave at any time. You cannot be forced to keep someone in your home. This is a friendly arrangement and you are not going to be "lawfully" expected to keep her there. Period. So same answer applies.

You can ask her to simply "leave." Where she goes is up to you. You do not owe her anything. We talked about putting her up in a hotel for a few days at your expense so she can figure out what she wants to do next, but this is optional and is up to you. You can simply ask her to go.

Shabbat Shalom.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.