Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

Hello i the owner of "i&y enterprice llc" in california.Yesterday

Hello i the owner of "i&y enterprice llc" in california.Yesterday by date 5.31.2012 i get by email "independent contractor agreement" from "Premier USA, INC." in florida.So I was in a rush so i printed,signed it and faxed to them back.Now the problem is ,I not understand English very well and the person that was contact to me from"Premier USA, INC." did not explain any rules in this agreement.My question is how to cancel this ageement?If exist any rules like 72 hours deadline,what i can do now to cancel it?
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately there is no law or rule allowing you to cancel a signed agreement within 72 hours of signing. Such a law only exists for "home solicitation sales" - where the seller comes to your home offering to sell you something.

Your best option is to immediately send a Notice of Cancellation to "Premier USA, Inc." informing them that you are canceling the agreement. While "Premier USA, Inc." could potentially still hold you to the agreement, it will at least minimize the damages that they could seek should they decide to sue you.