JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

Since its clear the local judge is not impartial, and I doubt

Since its clear the local judge is not impartial, and I doubt the appellate judges are much better in Florida, what happens if I am ruled against at the State Supreme Court level ? Can I go Federal ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
JD 1992 not online now
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Are you still seeking an answer to this question or would you like this question to be closed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am still seeking an answer to this question.
If the State Supreme Court rules against you, your recourse is to file an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court. That is who reviews the deicions of the state Supreme Courts.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to give you excellent service!"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt answer. I had filed a Motion to Amend my Answer with the local judge who had 10 days per Florida Rules of Civil Procedure to make a ruling. My amended Answer included a demand for a jury trial which was not in the original Answer, among other things. Rather than make a ruling, the local judge sent me an Order Appointing Court Mediator. Nice. Isn't she required to rule or don't the rules apply to her ?
She can refer the matter to a mediator. That's fine.

If the case is not resolved via mediation, then she'll have to rule on your motion.

No harm there.