Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

When I asked you the previous questions, I had a lawyer who

When I asked you the previous questions, I had a lawyer who was telling me different froom your responses. What you answered was in line with what I had read upon. This lawyer is still saying that my husband has rights because the house was built after the marriage and that becomes community property. Is he right or is he just after the money?
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.
Well, if the house was built after AH purchased the lots, I suppose a claim could be made that the actual house may be community property since it was acquired (built) during the marriage if it was built with marital funds. It would be up to the attorney to somehow prove that marital funds were used, although it is likely. To be honest, I don't know how he could definitively do so, although he may be able to convince a judge and jury that it is reasonable to believe that to be the case. The only concern is that this may be a long challenge and the attorney's meter would be running the entire time...win or lose.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.