Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

my daughter wants to give her unborn baby to my cousin, but

my daughter wants to give her unborn baby to my cousin, but I rather raise the baby (my grandchild). Would I be able to fight for custody of the unborn baby.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation?

How old is your daughter?

How old is the cousing and is the cousin fit to be an adoptive mother?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My daughter is 21. My cousin is 40. She cannot have children so I can't say if she's fit or not. She has a job.
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, as a mother of an adult child who is about to give birth and also a grandmother of the unborn child, you would not have any legal rights to decide what happens to your daugthers baby when he/she is born, other than if the person to whom your daughter want to give the baby to is unfit to be an adoptive parent and you have clear evidence of that fact, you would be able to report it to the state and also you will be able to intervene in the adoption/custody proceedings for those limited purposes.

However, please understand, that as long as your adult daughter is the parent and has her parental rights and custody of the child, there are no "parental" rights that are given to the grandparents.

I am very sorry that I cannot provide you with a more favorable answer, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even if the answer is not favorable to the customer.