TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

what recourse do I have if I have recieved and followed a plan

what recourse do I have if I have recieved and followed a plan presented by a college financial planner which ended up costing me thousands of dollars more had I not followed the plan.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Merely demonstrating that the plan cost you more is not enough to win a case. You'd need to be able to prove that the financial planner was negligent or is liable due to some other circumstance, such a fraud. The only other exception would be if the financial planner guaranteed that you would make more money by following the plan (in which case you could sue for breach of the warranty/guarantee). If you can't demonstrate negligence, intentional fraud (or other similar claims), or breach of a guarantee/warranty, then you may not have recourse.

If you provide more details, I'll try to help you further by sorting out possible claims.