Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am trying to find out what summer visitation in texas is.

I am trying to find out what summer visitation in texas is. I have the standard order for under 100 miles and it does not state very well about summer. What it does say is that if I get a notice by april 1 then he can choose 30 days if no notice then its the month of July. My big question is about the weekends. My papers dont say wether he gets the weekends in the summer as well or not. It just states about the notice.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

The father would get any consecutive 30 days in the summer including the weekends.

If the father gives you a notice of the 30 days he chose to spend with the minor child by april 1st of each year, then the father would have those 30 days with the child in the summer and if the father fails to give notice by April 1st, then the father will have the summer vacation/timesharing with the child for the entire 30 days of July.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I did not get a notice from the father so the only visits that he would get this summer is the 30 days starting July 1st to July 31st. does he get the weekends in June and August until school starts or are those my weekends
Thank you for your follow up.

This would depend on the specific language of your agreement. Does the agreement state that you would also have 30 days in the summer with the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is what it states: With notice by april 1st father can choose 30 days begining no earlyer than the after the child dismissed from school and ending no later that 7 days before school resumes. Without notice the father get 30 days starting July 1st and ending July 31st. Mother shall have superior right of spossession of the child. Summer give notice by april 15th of one weekend of choosing during the fathers summer visitation then at the end states mother should have right of possession of the child at all other times not specifically designated in this standaed possession order

Thank you for your follow uop.

This means that you would be able to have one weekend with the child during father's 30 days as long as you give the father notice of which weekend by April 15.

Also it appears that the father will also have his regular visitation during the summer with the child, outside of his 30 days summer vacation with the child.