TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I am astudent that has 14yrs prior service in the miitary.

I am astudent that has 14yrs prior service in the miitary. Currently I receive the Post 911 G.I. Bill and I was in a car accident. I am wondering if I am entitled to workers compensation?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :

Hi

Zachary D. Norris :

I'd be happy to answer your question.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you there?

Zachary D. Norris :

I see you have entered the chat. I don't see a response, but I need to know whether you were working for an employer at the time of the wreck?

Customer:

no

Zachary D. Norris :

Workers compensation only applies to employees that are injured while on the job. So I'm afraid that there isn't any coverage for you there.

Zachary D. Norris :

You need to make sure you file claims under your Uninsured Motorist insurance for the medical bills

Zachary D. Norris :

Also, you need to check to make sure you file a Personal Injury Protection claim with your insurance company as well.

Customer:

my passenger is active duty military how does this work out for them...they had an xray but it showed no injuries

Zachary D. Norris :

Same deal. If he wasn't on the job while in the vehicle and driving for his employer, no workers compensation.

Zachary D. Norris :

However, your insurance policy should cover the injured passengers medical bills too.

Zachary D. Norris :

Any indication why the insurance company is taking so long to settle the claim?

Zachary D. Norris :

Seems like an awful long time for them to sit on it.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you still there?

Zachary D. Norris :

It seems you might have stepped away. I'm going to switch this over to Q&A format. You can still respond to me and I can still answer further questions on this topic, it simply will be in a different format.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the insurance company's delays.
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs