TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I am astudent that has 14yrs prior service in the miitary.

I am astudent that has 14yrs prior service in the miitary. Currently I receive the Post 911 G.I. Bill and I was in a car accident. I am wondering if I am entitled to workers compensation?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :

Hi

Zachary D. Norris :

I'd be happy to answer your question.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you there?

Zachary D. Norris :

I see you have entered the chat. I don't see a response, but I need to know whether you were working for an employer at the time of the wreck?

Customer:

no

Zachary D. Norris :

Workers compensation only applies to employees that are injured while on the job. So I'm afraid that there isn't any coverage for you there.

Zachary D. Norris :

You need to make sure you file claims under your Uninsured Motorist insurance for the medical bills

Zachary D. Norris :

Also, you need to check to make sure you file a Personal Injury Protection claim with your insurance company as well.

Customer:

my passenger is active duty military how does this work out for them...they had an xray but it showed no injuries

Zachary D. Norris :

Same deal. If he wasn't on the job while in the vehicle and driving for his employer, no workers compensation.

Zachary D. Norris :

However, your insurance policy should cover the injured passengers medical bills too.

Zachary D. Norris :

Any indication why the insurance company is taking so long to settle the claim?

Zachary D. Norris :

Seems like an awful long time for them to sit on it.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you still there?

Zachary D. Norris :

It seems you might have stepped away. I'm going to switch this over to Q&A format. You can still respond to me and I can still answer further questions on this topic, it simply will be in a different format.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the insurance company's delays.