Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Statute of limitations on SEC default Judgment is how many

Statute of limitations on SEC default Judgment is how many years
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:

1. Are you asking how long this governmental agency has to file suit following a certain occurrence or for how long it can enforce a default judgment already granted in its favor?

Thanks!

Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No a Judgement was issued Sept 2nd of 2004 and they captured a good sum of tax return money due back because I was placed in the Treasury Offset program. I am asking how long is this debt good for it was from the SEC.

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I have opted out (without charge). My fellow expert colleagues are able to view your question and answer in their discretion.

Due to a feature of the computer system (nothing to do with you as a customer), there may be a delay until you see my "official" opt out actually indicated as such.

It was a pleasure interacting with you. I would like to wish you all the best and truly hope you see this matter resolved.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please do not reply to this post as doing so will delay handling of your inquiry.]

Expert:  Zachary replied 2 years ago.

The SEC's default judgment is valid for 20 years. However, it may be renewed after that 20 years. Essentially, it doesn't simply go away.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs