TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

MY FRIEND OPEN A BUSINESS SHE IS WAS THE ONE FINANCE EVERYTHING

MY FRIEND OPEN A BUSINESS SHE IS WAS THE ONE FINANCE EVERYTHING TO OPEN HER BUSINESS AND WE AGREED THAT WE WILL SHARE ALL THE PROFIT, BUT IT DID NOT HAPPENED, i DID EVERYTHING TO START HER BUSINESS AS ADMINISTRATOR, AFTER A MONTH i QUIT BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OF COMPLICATIONS CAN I ASK HER TO PAY ME FOR ALL THE THINGS THAT I HAVE DONE FOR HER BUSINESS
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

I'd be happy to answer your question. I'm assuming that you had no written agreement with your friend.

If that is true, then you can sue her for what's called "quantum meriut." That is a claim that you performed work, and it was reasonably anticipated by both you and your friend that you would be paid for the work, and your friend hasn't paid you.

You also have a claim for a breach of an oral partnership agreement.

I advise you to sue your friend your local small claims court. Its relatively inexpensive and you don't need a lawyer. It's like "judge judy". On the form, you will claim quantum meriut and breach of contract.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best of Luck,
Zachary D. Norris