How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am involved in a divorce in California and am in Family Court.

Resolved Question:

I am involved in a divorce in California and am in Family Court. I have two "C" corporations in Nevada. My wife's attorney is trying to seize control of these entities from me. Can a judge in CA Family Court do that. REG
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Zachary D. Norris :


Zachary D. Norris :

I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
If your share in the C corporations are community property, then the judge can make these part of the divorce estate and you can potentially lose control of the corporations. Sometimes the court can even force the liquidation of the corporation in order to fairly divide the marital estate. If you need more detail, please let me know.

TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you