LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Can you tell me if my employer violated ANY of my civil rights,

Can you tell me if my employer violated ANY of my civil rights, by publishing a report that I informed her that I was suicial to the company's computer that can be accessed by any employee who has the clearance to submit a report on this system. She failed to keep my privavy (ie: disclosed my name instead of my employee number) Please help???
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

While your employer did not violate any of your civil rights, they did Invade your Privacy by publishing that information.

Under the circumstances, you may file suit against the employer for Invasion of privacy and seek damages for the violation of your legal rights. Here is a link to a site which explains the damages you may seek in a case like this:

http://privacy.uslegal.com/damages/

I hope you found my answer informative, even if the law is not necessarily in your favor. I wish you the best in 2012.

Doug
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the prompt respone. However, can you elaborate on what type of attorney I should contact and what legal rights have been violated?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Your "right to privacy" has been violated.

You will want a local Personal Injury Attorney to represent you. Alternatively, you can sue in small claims court for up to $10,000 in Illinois Small Claims Court and you won't need an attorney.

Doug