David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Probate and General Litigation attorney 14+ years

If I purchase an unlicenced Olympic coin/ tokens from China

If I purchase an unlicenced Olympic coin/ tokens from China can I resell on ebay with out being liable ?
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you this morning. No matter where these coins come from, the first question would be whether they violate and trademarks or licensing agreements. For example, if they are unlicensed and the Chinese company does not have permission to use the logos, then you would be selling coins that violated these rights, which would not be a good thing. It might be similar to purchasing counterfeit designer handbags and reselling them. Once the product is considered counterfeit, it doesn't matter where it originally came from. The owner of the trademarks can sue for infringement.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to post follow up questions or comments if I can assist you further.