JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I was in an auto accident 10 days ago. I didnt realize my

I was in an auto accident 10 days ago. I didn't realize my automatic insurance payment didn't go thru so I am not covered. What type of Lawyer do I look for to help protect myself from the other person"s insurance company?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. Please clarify: was there just property damage or was someone injured?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the accident report says he exprerienced back and neck pain at the scene, but I not sure of his injuries. I do know his car has a lot less damage than mine, which is totaled. His car had driver side fender damage and front tire damage. I haven't talked to his insurance yet I wanted to speak to a lawyer first. Just not sure which type of lawyer to hire.
Thank you. Given those circumstances, you want to hire an attorney who does personal injury defense. You may find it helpful to contact your county bar association for some attorney referrals and then you can follow up with them, make appointments to meet with them, and decide which attorney you are most comfortable with.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied and select the Happy Smiley Face. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.