Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer.
Experience:  30+ years of legal expertise. Informed, knowledgeable, helpful.
8848811

Is there an age limit to be qualified to be on the ballot to

Is there an age limit to be qualified to be on the ballot to run for the US Senate and, if so, what is that age limit
Expert:  Lawrence D. Gorin replied 2 years ago.
ANSWER:
Yes. To be a U.S. Senator, the individual must be at least 30 years old. In addition, the individual must be a US citizen of at least nine years duration.

US Constitution, Art. I, sec. 3 -- "No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen."
===========================
If your question has been satisfactorily answered, please acknowledge with an “ACCEPT.” That’s the only way I can receive compensation for answering your question(s). Also, PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE A FEW WORDS OF FEEDBACK. (Boosts my ego and makes me look good to others.) And I thank you in advance.

:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know if there's an age limit to be on the ballot. To actually run for the office of US Senator. I know what the constitution says about what age a person has to be in order to actually assume the office of US Senator. Is there a state or federal law prohibiting anyone under the age of 30 from actually running for the Senate. Thanks
FURTHER ANSWER:
No, there is no age limit to be on the ballot for election as US Senator, at least not pursuant ot federal law..

However, given that the Constitution requires that the candidate be at least 30 years of age "when elected," it would be a waste of time and money for the voting public to vote for a person who, due to lack of required age, could not assume the office if elected.

===========================
Having answered your original question and now your follow-up question(s), it is now time for you to acknowledge with an “ACCEPT,” thus allowing me to be compensated for the time expended and expert information provided. PLEASE DO SO NOW (if you have not already done so). Without your “ACCEPT” there is no basis for further dialog. So I thank you in advance for doing so.
Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer.
Experience: 30+ years of legal expertise. Informed, knowledgeable, helpful.