JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Is a partial summary judgment ruling final for the purpose

Is a partial summary judgment ruling final for the purpose of appeal? This is cook county il case 06CH05391.  It has had 4 judges, 3 paintiffs, 3 servicers, and over six years of my pro se efforts.  The third judge allowed unverified assertions with a robo-signed affidavit of proveup and nothing verified on personal knowledge in motion for partial summary judgement  all of which I denied in my verified answer.  Included in my answer was the affirmative defense that I had rescinded (for lack of receiving any documents at closing) the mortgage within the 3 year period with no opposition from plaintiff thus voiding the mortgage and note (see marr v bank of america). 
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

A partial motion for summary disposition is not a final order for purposes of appeal because it does not dispose of the entire case. So, the answer to your question is "no."

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied and select the Happy Smiley Face. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.